The Director, Customer Management (DCM) is responsible for monitoring Day Sales Operations, Credit Risk/Collections and Customer Service. The DCM will be responsible for creating the processes and procedures to support customer management functions for the company. The DCM will also be responsible for hiring a team to support the functions as the business builds in the U.S. and internationally. The position reports to the Vice President of Operations and will work closely with leadership on the Finance and Sales teams.
This position requires that the individual possess a strong understanding of procurement and planning process steps; the individual must be capable of troubleshooting process failures to ensure success for the program. Candidate will be expected to train and mentor junior level customer management members. This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan, and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity, continuous improvement approach, and latitude expected to fulfill a variety of duties.
- Create company policies and procedures related to Day Sales Operations, Customer Service, and Credit Risk.
- Accurately inputs and documents actions within the collection systems while maintaining company performance and productivity standards.
- Maintains up-to-date customer contact information in the collections systems.
- Serves as a resource/subject matter expert and may provide training to fellow team members.
- Oversee assessment activities and analysis to identify customer needs.
- Manage credit risk activities.
- Provide oversight in the resolution of customer problems and concerns.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant state requirements regarding Customer Service.
- Manage employees directly and through subordinate managers including selection, training, performance appraisal, performance goal setting, and resource allocation.
- Develop policies, procedures and standards for all department activities and member processes.
- Works as the liaison ERP and Sales and Finance teams.
- Maintain reporting.
- Development and training of junior personnel.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others to achieve deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to visualize, understand and construct complex processes or concepts, developing process maps, diagrams, models, and/or other process documentation.
This job may be subject to a background check, consistent with State and local law, including where applicable the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the California Fair Chance Act.