The Director, Supply Chain Management (DSCM) is the focal point for all supply chain activities. This position requires that the individual possess a strong understanding of procurement and planning process steps; the individual must be capable of troubleshooting process failures to ensure success for the program. Candidate will be expected to train and mentor junior level supply chain team members. This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan, and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity, continuous improvement approach, and latitude expected to fulfill a variety of duties. The position reports to the Vice President of Operations and will work closely with the Logistics, Manufacturing, and Sales teams.
- Develops and implements long-term supply chain strategies and networks that address capacity issues, production location decisions, etc. in support of business growth and sustainment.
- Supports execution of programs and coordination of new program / product launches.
- Monitors key performance indicators, analyzes performance data, and coordinates cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
- Optimizes how supply chain management interfaces with manufacturing systems.
- Plan, prepare, issue and control material requirements in conjunction with the production schedule.
- Support risk management activities impacting the value chain working with cross-functional teams.
- Ensures that shipments are accomplished to maintain contract/internal delivery commitments.
- Utilize system and process tools to achieve program / functional goals.
- Create presentation materials and give presentations to leadership team, production team, and customers
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Experience in a large multifaceted medical manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical and medical industry & regulations
- Significant ERP System Experience (Oracle, SAP, Other)
- Knowledge of Manufacturing, Sales & Operations Experience / knowledge, and Inventory / stockroom management
- Project Management experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others to achieve deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal) and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to visualize, understand and construct complex processes or concepts, developing process maps, diagrams, models, and/or other process documentation.